Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Informers by Bret Easton Ellis (CBR-IV #34)

Cannonball Read IV: Book #34/52
Published: 1994
Pages: 226
Genre: Short Stories/Fiction

First of all, I'm really glad I read that this was basically a collection of loosely connected short stories rather than a novel. Otherwise, I would have been really lost. 

I'm still trying to figure out if I like Bret Easton Ellis. I read American Psycho years ago and it still remains one of the only horror novels to ever make me sick enough to never want to read it again. And I read a lot of horror, so that's saying something. I finally decided to pick up another B.E.E. novel and somehow ended up with The Informers. 

This book is about rich people in L.A. Every story has a different twist (some are more extreme than others -- such as the vampire one), but they are all basically about drugged-up rich people. It was an interesting glimpse into the dark side of the rich and powerful, but the lack of plot was sometimes annoying. I'll probably try another full-length B.E.E. novel before I give up on him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment