Saturday, September 15, 2012

Desert Places by Blake Crouch (CBR-IV #37)

Cannonball Read IV: Book #37/52
Published: 2003
Pages: 289
Genre: Horror/Thriller

I'm a huge fan of Blake Crouch, but I didn't think this was his best novel. I think it's one of his earlier ones, so maybe that has something to do with it. Andrew Thomas is a writer who finds a strange note in his mailbox one morning. It says that there is a body buried on his property with his blood on it and if he doesn't do what the note says, the police will be notified about the body. 

The story had a great setup, I'll definitely give it that. However, the rest of the book fell a little flat. I struggled through finishing it, which is pretty bad for a thriller. In my opinion, thrillers should always leave you wanting more and I figured this would be a quick read. 

I finished this book about a week and a half ago and honestly can't even remember enough details to write any more about it. That probably says something. It didn't stick with me and was ultimately pretty forgettable. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't BAD, but I wouldn't start with this book if you're just getting into Crouch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment