Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Brothel: Mustang Ranch and it's Women by Alexa Albert


I'm going back over the books I have already read this year since I just started the blog.

I've been fascinated by Nevada's legal brothel system since watching the HBO series "Cathouse". This book gives an in depth view into the brothels and the girls who work there. The author actually lived at the Mustang Ranch while she conducted her studies.

I liked that it wasn't exploitative or judgmental. It simply gave facts and honest commentary on the day to day workings of a legal brothel. The book covers everything from the history and politics of the brothels to candid conversations with brothel employees and staff.

4/5 stars. I really liked this book and would recommend it to anyone who is interested in the subject matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment