Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sloppy Seconds: The Tucker Max Leftovers by Tucker Max (CBR-IV #21)

Cannonball Read IV: Book #21/52
Published: 2012
Pages: 288
Genre: Nonfiction/Humor


I read the first two Tucker Max books back in college. For some reason, they were definitely more funny back then. Anyways, his stories are still pretty entertaining, but the older I get the more irritated I get by his immature antics that occasionally go beyond the realm of funny and venture into just plain cruel. 


This book was released as a free ebook, sort of as a companion book to his third release, Hilarity Ensues (which I will probably end up reading as much as I may resist...). The first few stories are just repeats straight from each of his three books. At first this kind of irritated me because I thought the entire book was just sections from his other books not "leftovers" like the title suggests. But after that there are some leftover stories as well as some stories that Max says he is always asked about. 


If you aren't easily offended, then this free book is a pretty good way to see if Tucker Max stories are for you. He is pretty funny and if nothing else he's pretty honest about how much of a douche he is/was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment