Wednesday, June 20, 2012

World War Z by Max Brooks (CBR-IV #20)

Cannonball Read IV: Book #20/52
Published: 2006
Pages: 352
Genre: Post Apocalyptic/Zombie


I really had high hopes for this book. I loved Robopocalypse, which has a similar concept, and I read so many good reviews of World War Z that I was really let down when it didn't meet my expectations.

World War Z is a compilation of stories from survivors of the zombie war. I was intrigued by the premise, but most of the stories failed to keep my attention. In fact, most of them I could barely get through they were so dry and boring. There were a couple of interesting ones littered throughout that kept the book from being a total bore - one of my favorites was the pilot who crashed in the middle of a zombie occupied zone. However, a lot of the stories were more political and/or military centered. I would have liked to see more personal stories from regular citizens. 

Overall, I was let down. I really struggled to get through this book and it wasn't even that long. Try Robopocalypse instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment