Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Mortified: Love is a Battlefield by David Nadelberg (CBR-IV #16)

Cannonball Read IV: Book #16/52
Published: 2008
Pages: 285
Genre: Nonfiction/Humor


I also picked this book up for a dollar at the used bookstore (best store ever). It looked interesting, although I didn't find out later that this is technically the second Mortified book. The first involved general awkwardness of preteens and teens. This one is geared towards awkward young love. 


Basically, it's a collection of people's old journal entries and poetry. Usually from when they were teenagers. And we all know that teenage journal entries are pretty cringe-worthy to look back on -- especially if they involve a teenage romance (or infatuation). 


Anyone can relate to at least one of these stories. Whether it's the boy who writes love letters to his girlfriend referencing Rose and Jack from Titanic or the kid who found her unsent celebrity obsession letters. I don't even want to know what I probably wrote in the ten letters I sent to Jonathan Taylor Thomas when I was 12. 


The book was pretty humorous and I liked the little blurbs that the writers wrote as the looked back on their angst-ridden journal entries. It's a short, quick read that I'd recommend to anyone who ever had a journal when you were younger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment