Saturday, December 1, 2012

Sister, Sister by Andrew Neiderman (CBR-IV #47)

Cannonball Read IV: Book #47/52
Published: 1992
Pages: 292
Genre: Horror

I picked up this horribly cheesy novel at the used bookstore for $1. It's not worth even that probably. I actually forgot I even read this until I was looking through my Goodreads account (add me!) and realized I never wrote my CBR review for it. 

It was a pretty forgettable novel, so forgive me if this review is somewhat vague. The plot follows a school teacher who gets a really good paying job to teach a set of conjoined twins. The twins (named Alpha and Beta...seriously) are locked up in a lab and have never been outside their small apartment in there. They're pretty much treated like lab rats. 

What mainly stuck out to me is how far we've come in 20 years. This book treats the conjoined twins like they are so freakish that they could never been seen out in public. They are kept a huge secret. Now, conjoined twins can get their own reality show in TLC (See Abby & Brittany). I was sort of appalled at how these twins were treated in the book.

Anyways, there is some weird stuff involving mind control with one of the twins and people die...blah blah. It was a pretty run-of-the-mill cheesy horror novel. Worth it for a super quick read if you're into that sort of thing (which I obviously am for some reason). 

No comments:

Post a Comment