Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Twelve by Justin Cronin (CBR-IV #51)

Cannonball Read IV: Book #51/52
Published: 2012
Pages: 568
Genre: Post-apocalyptic/Horror

*First of all, I'm going to apologize for the brevity of my last two book reviews. It's a really busy time of year and I just need to get these written before Jan 1. for Cannonball read.*

The Passage was actually one of my favorite books that I read last year. It had a few downfalls, but overall I really enjoyed it. The Twelve is the second book in a soon-to-be trilogy and it didn't disappoint.

I was a little worried because The Passage was so intricate and had a large group of characters that I had a hard time following at times. I like to read a book series all at once otherwise I tend to forget plot lines and characters. The most genius thing in this book was the prologue that summed up everything that happened in the first book. I probably would have been a lot more lost without it.

The Twelve has some characters from the first book but also quite a few new characters. I kind of liked that because it almost felt like just another book in the same post-apocalyptic setting instead of a straight sequel. 

My only complaint is the same as with The Passage: I had a hard time getting a grasp on some of the characters because there were just TOO many to try and differentiate them all. However, this book was a little shorter than The Passage, which was a good thing. The Passage had a little too much fluff in the middle and it dragged. This book didn't drag at all and I couldn't put it down. Even when I forgot who certain characters were or what they had done, the plot kept my attention and kept me reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment